Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

John 5:17

ὁ δὲ ἀπεκρίνατο αὐτοῖς· ὁ πατήρ μου ἕως ἄρτι ἐργάζεται, κἀγὼ ἐργάζομαι.

Rough Word-by-word:
the and he answered to them, "The father of me until now he is working, and I I am working."

Smooth Translation:
And he answered them, "My father still is working, and I myself am working."

definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

δὲ post positive conjunction "and, but"

[Ἰησοῦς] (note: included in UBS text) proper noun nominative singular masculine "Jesus"

ἀπεκρίνατο verb aorist middle deponent 3rd singular from ἀποκρίνομαι (I answer) "he answered"

αὐτοῖς dative pronoun dative plural masculine "to them"

definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

πατήρ noun nominative singular masculine "father"

μου pronoun genitive 1st singular "of me"

ἕως adverb "until"

ἄρτι adverb correlating with ἕως above "now"

ἐργάζεται verb present middle indicative 3rd singular from ἐργάζομαι (I am working) "he is working"

κἀγὼ compound conjunction with nominative 1st singular pronoun "and I"

ἐργάζομαι verb present middle indicative 1st singular from ἐργάζομαι (I am working) "I am working"

No comments: