Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

John 6:56

ὁ τρώγων μου τὴν σάρκα καὶ πίνων μου τὸ αἷμα ἐν ἐμοὶ μένει κἀγὼ ἐν αὐτῷ.

Rough Word-by-word:
The one eating of me the flesh and drinking of me the blood in me he remains and I in him.

Smooth Translation:
The one eating my flesh and drinking my blood remains in me and I in him.

definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

τρώγων present active participle nominative singular masculine from τρώγω (I eat) "one eating"

μου pronoun genitive 1st singular "of me"

τὴν definite article accusative singular feminine "the"

σάρκα noun accusative singular feminine "flesh"

καὶ conjunction "and"

πίνων present active participle nominative singular masculine from πίνω (I drink) "drinking"

μου pronoun genitive 1st singular "of me"

τὸ definite article accusative singular neuter "the"

αἷμα noun accusative singular neuter "blood"

ἐν dative preposition "in"

ἐμοὶ pronoun dative 1st singular "me"

μένει verb present active indicative 3rd singular from μένω (I remain) "he remains"

κἀγὼ compound conjunction and 1st person pronoun nominative singular masculine "and I"

ἐν dative preposition "in"

αὐτῷ pronoun dative singular masculine "him"

No comments: