Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Monday, January 3, 2011

John 6:55

ἡ γὰρ σάρξ μου ἀληθής ἐστιν βρῶσις, καὶ τὸ αἷμά μου ἀληθής ἐστιν πόσις.

Rough Word-by-word:
the for flesh of me true is food, and the blood of me true is drink.

Smooth Translation:
For my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink.

definite article nominative singular feminine "the"

γὰρ post positive conjunction "for"

σάρξ noun nominative singular feminine "flesh"

μου pronoun genitive 1st singular "of me"

ἀληθής adjective genitive singular feminine "true"

ἐστιν verb present indicative 3rd singular from εἰμί (I am) "[she] it is"

βρῶσις noun nominative singular feminine "food"

καὶ conjunction "and"

τὸ definite article nominative singular neuter "the"

αἷμά noun nominative singular neuter "blood"

μου pronoun genitive 1st singular "of me"

ἀληθής adjective nominative singular feminine "true"

ἐστιν verb present indicative 3rd singular from εἰμί (I am) "[she] it is"

πόσις noun nominative singular feminine "drink"

No comments: