Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

John 7:29

ἐγὼ οἶδα αὐτόν, ὅτι παρ’ αὐτοῦ εἰμὶ κἀκεῖνός με ἀπέστειλεν.

Rough Word-by-word:
I I know him, because from of him I am and he me he sent.

Smooth Translation:
I myself know him, because I am from him and he sent me.

ἐγὼ personal pronoun "I"

οἶδα perfect active indicative 1st singular from εἴδω (I know) "I know"

αὐτόν pronoun accusative singular masculine "him"

ὅτι conjunction "that, because"

παρ’ preposition with genitive "from"

αὐτοῦ pronoun genitive singular masculine "of him"

εἰμὶ verb present indicative 1st singular from εἰμί (I am) "I am"

κἀκεῖνός compound conjunction and pronoun nominative singular masculine "and he"

με pronoun accusative 1st singular "me"

ἀπέστειλεν verb aorist active indicative 3rd singular from ἀποστέλλω (I send) "he sent"

No comments: