Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

John 5:40

καὶ οὐ θέλετε ἐλθεῖν πρός με ἵνα ζωὴν ἔχητε.

Rough Word-by-word:
and not you all wish to come to me that life you all might have.

Smooth Translation:
and you do not wish to come to me that you might have life.

καὶ conjunction "and"

οὐ adverb of negation "not"

θέλετε verb present active indicative 2nd plural from θέλω (I wish, I will) "you all wish"

ἐλθεῖν verb aorist active infinitive from ἔρχομαι (I come) "to come"

πρός accusative preposition "to, toward"

με pronoun accusative 1st singular "me"

ἵνα conjunction with subjunctive "that"

ζωὴν noun accusative singular feminine "life"

ἔχητε verb present active subjunctive 2nd plural from ἔχω (I have) "you might have"

No comments: