Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

John 4:32

ὁ δὲ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς· ἐγὼ βρῶσιν ἔχω φαγεῖν ἣν ὑμεῖς οὐκ οἴδατε.

Rough Word-by-word:
The but he said to them, "I food I have to eat which you all not you all know."

Smooth Translation:
But he said to them, "I myself have food to eat which you yourselves do not know."

definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

δὲ post positive conjunction "and/but"

εἶπεν verb aorist active indicative 3rd singular from λέγω (I say) "he said"

αὐτοῖς pronoun dative plural masculine "to them"

ἐγὼ personal pronoun nominative 1st singular "I"

βρῶσιν noun accusative singular feminine "food"

ἔχω verb present active indicative 1st singular from ἔχω (I have) "I have"

φαγεῖν verb aorist active infinitive from ἐσθίω (I eat) "to eat"

ἣν relative pronoun accusative singular feminine "which"

ὑμεῖς pronoun nominative 2nd plural "you all"

οὐκ adverb of negation "not"

οἴδατε verb perfect active indicative 2nd plural from εἴδω (I know) "you all know"

No comments: