Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

John 6:47

ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν, ὁ πιστεύων ἔχει ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

Rough Word-by-word:
Amen amen I say to you all, the one believing he has life eternal.

Smooth Translation:
Amen, amen I say to you, the one believing has eternal life.

ἀμὴν adverb "amen, certainly"

ἀμὴν adverb " amen, certainly"

λέγω verb present active indicative 1st singular from λέγω (I say) "I say"

ὑμῖν pronoun dative 2nd plural "to you all"

definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

πιστεύων present active participle nominative singular masculine from πιστεύω (I believe) "one believing"

ἔχει verb present active indicative 3rd singular from ἔχω (I have) "he has"

ζωὴν noun accusative singular feminine "life"

αἰώνιον adjective accusative singular feminine "eternal"

No comments: