Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Monday, September 27, 2010

John 6:20

ὁ δὲ λέγει αὐτοῖς· ἐγώ εἰμι, μὴ φοβεῖσθε.

Rough Word-by-word:
the but he says to them, "I I am, not you all be afraid."

Smooth Translation:
but he said to them, "I am, do not be afraid."

definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

δὲ post positive conjunction "and, but"

λέγει verb present active indicative 3rd singular from λέγω (I say) "he says

αὐτοῖς pronoun dative plural masculine "to them"

ἐγώ personal pronoun nominative singular masculine "I"

εἰμι verb present indicative 1st singular from εἰμι (I am) "I am"

μὴ adverb of negation "not"

φοβεῖσθε verb present passive imperative 2nd plural from φοβέω (I am afraid) "you all be afraid"

No comments: