Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Friday, October 11, 2013

John 8:15

ὑμεῖς κατὰ τὴν σάρκα κρίνετε, ἐγὼ οὐ κρίνω οὐδένα.

Rough Word-by-word:
you all according to the flesh you all judge, I not I judge not anyone.

Smooth Translation:
You judge according to the flesh, I myself do not judge anyone.

ὑμεῖς pronoun nominative 2nd plural "you all"

κατὰ preposition with accusative "according to"

τὴν definite article accusative singular feminine "the"

σάρκα noun accusative singular feminine "flesh"

κρίνετε verb present active indicative 2nd plural from κρίνω (I judge) "you all judge"

ἐγὼ pronoun nominative 1st singular "I"

οὐ adverb of negation "not"

κρίνω verb present active indicative 1st singular from κρίνω (I judge) "I judge)

οὐδένα adjective accusative singular masculine "not one"

No comments: