Welcome

To join the discussion click on "comments" at the bottom of the post you would like to comment on.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

John 4:37

ἐν γὰρ τούτῳ ὁ λόγος ἐστὶν ἀληθινός, ὅτι ἄλλος ἐστὶν ὁ σπείρων καὶ ἄλλος ὁ θερίζων.

Rough Word-by-word:
in for this the word is true, that another is the one sowing and another the one harvesting.

Smooth Translation:
for in this the word is true, that one is sowing and another reaping.

ἐν dative preposition "in"

γὰρ post positive conjunction "for"

τούτῳ demonstrative pronoun dative singular masculine "this"

ὁ definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

λόγος noun nominative singular masculine "word"

ἐστὶν verb present indicative 3rd singular from εἰμί (I am) "it [he] is"

ἀληθινός adjective nominative singular masculine "true"

ὅτι conjunction "that/because"

ἄλλος adjective nominative singular masculine "another"

ἐστὶν verb present indicative 3rd singular from εἰμί (I am) "it [he] is"

ὁ definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

σπείρων present active participle nominative singular masculine from σπείρω (I sow) "the one sowing"

καὶ adjective "and"

ἄλλος adjective nominative singular masculine "another"

ὁ definite article nominative singular masculine "the"

θερίζων present active participle nominative singular masculine from θερίζω (I harvest) "the one harvesting"

No comments: